Job Title: Senior Data Engineer-Data Modeling
Tiger Analytics is a global AI and analytics consulting firm. With data and technology at the core of our solutions, our 2800+ tribe is solving problems that eventually impact the lives of millions globally. Our culture is modeled around expertise and respect with a team-first mindset. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, you’ll find our delivery centers across the globe and offices in multiple cities across India, the US, the UK, Canada, and Singapore, including a substantial remote global workforce.
We’re Great Place to Work-Certified™. Working at Tiger Analytics, you’ll be at the heart of an AI revolution. You’ll work with teams that push the boundaries of what is possible and build solutions that energize and inspire.
Curious about the role? What your typical day would look like?
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work to solve some of the most complex and captivating data management problems that would enable them as a data-driven organization; Seamlessly switch between roles of an Individual Contributor, team member, and Data Modeling Architect as demanded by each project to define, design, and deliver actionable insights.
On a typical day, you might
● Engage the clients & understand the business requirements to translate those into data models.
● Create and maintain a Logical Data Model (LDM) and Physical Data Model (PDM) by applying best practices to provide business insights.
● Create and maintain the Source to Target Data Mapping document that includes documentation of all entities, attributes, data relationships, primary and foreign key structures, allowed values, codes, business rules, glossary terms, etc.
● Gather and publish Data Dictionaries
● Involve in maintaining data models as well as capturing data models from existing databases and recording descriptive information.
● Build data warehouse & data marts (on Cloud) while performing data profiling and quality analysis.
● Use version control to maintain versions of data models.
● Design and develop data extraction and integration code modules.
● Partner with the data engineers to strategize ingestion logic, and consumption patterns.